Friday, March 25, 2016

Hill Country Weavers in Austin, TX

We recently spent a few days in Austin and while we were {mostly window} shopping on Congress Ave, a funky street with quirky and upscale shops, I spied this cute little weaving and yarn shop that I just had to pop into called Hill Country Weavers.


It was so colorful on the outside that I could only imagine the inside...


Even though I can't knit and can barely crochet, I love all yarn and I was really hoping to find some wool roving because after all, they are a weaving shop as well!


I found this beautiful roving that would make amazing yarn! It would also do lovely in wet felting or  even needle felting! It we hadn't just plunked down $30 on the candy shop across the street for my kids, I may have just walked out with some of that pretty roving!


Look, it sparkles! 



 I just love these colors!
 


And of course, lets all take a moment to appreciate the beauty of these wooden spinning wheels!




 Maybe one day I should learn to spin. And knit!




1 comment:

  1. Love that sparkly roving! Enjoyed seeing the spinning wheels also. I didn't know they made them like that. Thought they still used great big ones like in George Washingtons day.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thank you!